Secure your property & feel safer in your home or place of work with electric fencing
- In terms of the Electric Fence Regulations under the Occupational Health and Safety Act, it is a legal requirement that all property owners should have a valid Compliance Certificate for the electric fence erected on their properties (irrespective of the nature of property, i.e. residential / commercial).
- Safety Requirements:
- The first live wire may be placed no lower than 1,5m
- Warning Signs: To be installed at regular intervals, no more than 10m apart. All gates and/or access points to the property should also have a warning sign on it.
- It is illegal to electrify barbed or razor wire with an energizer.
An electric fence that is deemed unsafe, hasn’t been installed by an accredited dealer or does not conform to the relevant Regulations is illegal. Should any person suffer injuries by an “illegal” fence, the property owner may be prosecuted.
- It is the property owner’s duty to ensure that the installer who will issue him with the Certificate of Compliance has acquired the necessary accreditation from the South African National Standards (SANS).
Please contact us if you have a query or require more information and we’ll get back to you.
041 368 9028
084 206 9241
084 206 9241